Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sweet Toothed Adelaide


Sweet-Toothed Adelaide

There was once a girl named Adelaide
Who loved sweet foods like marmalade.
Orange and sticky,
Spread on toast thickly,
Each day, after she played,
She always craved that marmalade.
One day, her front tooth wiggled.
Its that marmalade, said her Dad with a giggle,
It will rot your teeth.
They'll all fall out, leaving gums underneath!
Will not, replied Adelaide,
And I'll never stop eating marmalade!
Suit yourself, shrugged her Dad.
But brushing your teeth isn't all bad.
Adelaide smiled so brightly
Then her front tooth fell and bounced lightly.
Oh, no! did she scream.
This must be a horrible dream!
My mouth may need a Band-Aid,
But must I stop eating marmalade?
You've lost your sweet tooth! Daddy teased.
He smirked, laughed, and then he wheezed.
Its not funny, pouted his little girl,
My marmalade's my entire world.
Daddy preached, Losing your tooth is not that scary
Maybe you'll get a visit from the Tooth Fairy!
You mean, my worlds not lost,
Asked Adelaide, except my tooth, which has a COST?
Adelaide flashed her gummy grin,
Skipped to the fridge and peered in.
Hey, at least my sweet tooth has stayed,
As she tasted more of that sweet, sticky marmalade.

No comments: